No offense to anyone out there, but I'm not a fan of the "my child is an honor roll student at bleep" stickers on cars. Don't get me wrong, with three little ones, I hope they all make honor roll regularly, but recognizing that not everyone's strengths lie in academia and those who don't can be just as successful, if not more sometimes, I just don't care for them. Having said that, on occasion, I do need to brag. Reghan finished up her first trimester at school and with that comes a recognition assembly and progress report. Out of about 50 fellow Kindergarteners, she was one of only a handful of kids who received an award. Her particular one was for Outstanding Achievement in Writing. (she's second from the right)
She then brought home Super Bee that night. Super Bee is always on the look out for "super bee-havior." The special child who has Super Bee then picks a page out of the notebook and draws and/or writes about their adventure together then brings it back to school to share with the class.
Atop that, we received her progress report which has her graded as either Good or Outstanding depending on the focus. So, a little bragging is due. Our kids are so smart they can balance their personalized name or initial straws (thank you Aunt Cha Cha + Uncle Jon) in a cup that's far too small for it without a spill. Now that's real talent.



No comments:
Post a Comment